Tuesday 15 April 2014

Angel

This is an old piece. From 2010 I think. Just re-discovered it and thought to share. Enjoy. x

Angel*

She crept in the room to check on her child!
And the he lay, so meek and mild.
But the room felt cold, abnormally weird
The atmosphere was dark; so into the cot she peered.
Her baby was blue, still as a stone,
She was right when she felt that something was wrong.
She picked up her baby, a victim of theft,
Her baby had been visited by the Angel of Death! 


He crept into the house; in hope to surprise,
But he noticed that the atmosphere wasn’t right.
The house felt sweaty and full of guilt
So he ran to his room and there under the quilt
Lay an agent of promiscuity next to his wife
So he closed the door and moved on with his life,
In sorrow and sadness, tears and ill- health
things turned around, when he met the angel of wealth!


I opened my eyes, my surroundings were dark
I remembered my words as I felt something lark.
Could it be a visit from the former or latter
I lay in silence not a sound did I utter.
I closed my eyes and said a prayer,
Things could get worse or they could get better!
Then I heard a voice; It wasn’t a fable
She said ‘Go back to sleep, I’m your guardian Angel.’ 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?