Tuesday 12 July 2011

I'll 'Take that' one please sir.. ;)

'You light... the skies.. up above me'It was GARY BARLOW!!!!!

I was shocked.. why did I know him? Why was I so excited? I just hummed to myself as I worked along.. but as the concert proceeded.. I found out that.. I AM A MAJOR TAKE THAT FAN!!

So basically, I work for an agency, (just for job security, coz you never know who'll read it.. I'll keep that hush hush :P) and well I was given the opportunity to wait a VIP box in Wembley stadium. The task isn't so demanding, but the hours Can be tedious. Anyway, we weren't necessarily permitted to watch the concert, but I had the sheer luck of waiting the nicest customers ever, who called me out to join them and enjoy the concert. 
The opening act was the Pet Shop Boys, and I must say although Neil Tennant has aged, his voice has not. I oddly found myself tapping and nodding to the few songs they performed, and their performance was quite energising.

But when Gary Barlow  sang those seven words.. I felt myself melting. Take that were awesome. Their vocals their props, their engagement with the audience... it was ..*searches Google for word..NO RESULT* Yeps. that's how good I found them! :P
Although Robbie Williams did steal the show a little.. however I had no problem.. he did a rendition of Destiny's child's bootylicious, while shaking his BOOTAY  for us! After about 4 of his hits, Take that rejoined him and they began to joke about Robbie leaving/being kicked out of Take That... to see that there was NO animosity whatsoever was DELIGHTFUL!!

The show then continued..!

My best song performed was NEVER FORGET!
The props for that song were AMAZING.. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!
When the concert ended... and the audience (of 85,000) had left, I still felt tingly!

I'm a Take That fan.. nd Ill deffo Take That experience with me for as long as my memory can! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?