Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year Posts.

2013 was full of ups and downs. But I chose to remember the lessons from the downs and the joys of the ups alone.

A couple things:
1. In 2013, one of my poems was published in a book, get it here: Write for the future
2. My tumblr has been reactivated: That She
3. Okay I don't have a third one...

Anyway, quick poem for the start of the year...


Fearful possession

My biggest fear and my greatest flaw are both the same thing. 
Fear that one day I may be consumed by what may become a restraint. 
Fear that my supply may be insufficient to his need. 
Fear that I'd invest too much and yet still fall victim to greed.
Fear that I may never find what pictures and paintings define. 
Fear that I may never find bliss as the media has outlined.
Fear that my expectations will never be fulfilled. 
Fear that my past experiences will keep me forever chilled. 
Fear that my observation might just make me strain. 
Fear that this one great thing may only cause me pain.

My biggest fear and my greatest flaw are both the same thing.
A flaw in that I have to much, way too much within. 
A flaw in that its what makes my heart ever so forgiving. 
A flaw in that I'm never angry, and it's used to take advantage. 
A flaw in that I can't move on, I'm still stuck on that one page. 
A flaw because I'm oblivious to the evil all around me. 
A flaw because I can't divide and I'm conflicted as an enemy 
A flaw in that I'm blind to fault, I close my eyes to wrong
A flaw in that it consumes my passion and makes ignorance so strong
A flaw in that it is my fear so it's a weakness I can't control. 

Love is what I fear the most 
Love is what I have the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?