Sunday 4 January 2015

Stars and serenity...

Happy New Year EveryOne!!!

For starters, I'm back from this....
© Mine!
To this.... 

I landed in the night, so google came clutch with this.

And well that, was pretty much the end of 2014 for me... which was totally amazing.


Anyways, while I was out in Cyprus, I noticed that there is some sort of serenity attached to star-gazing. So on one of the night's I wrote this piece... Look out for the stars whenever you can and when you do see them, appreciate them.

A couple months back while camping in the hills/mountains of North Wales, our activity leader made us observe a compulsory half hour of star watching. At first there was giggles, but then when time was up, no one wanted to move. We were all stuck staring, with the moon being our only source of light and it was beautiful.

Now I'm seated on my hotel room balcony,  in the cool breeze by the sea, in Cyprus and guess what, there are stars*. As well as the nostalgic feeling of that night, I'm also brought to future thoughts. Yes, how I'd like to bring the special one to appreciate stars, but also how I want to appreciate nature. The sound of the waves is weirdly relaxing and the temperature - perhaps levelled out with the warmth of the room seeping out, reminds you that it's all real. Serene environments are not above the world. Sometimes we get lost in the hustle and bustle of the busy city life and forget to take time out to appreciate. Not everyday Turn up... sometimes pour yourself a glass of wine and observe in silence in a condition not so comfortable, but enough to remind you that it's real.

Here's a poem for the moment...


In this moment, all life has seized
In this moment, I'm reminded by the breeze,
That such really exists.
Not just in my dreams, or in magazines,
Not just as presented on the T.V screen
The sounds, stars and serenity...
Are all a part of my reality
And in this moment,
I appreciate, my solidarity
For No one can spoil it for me.

In this moment, all sounds are noise
In this moment, the waves are my joys
There clashes forming a melody,
A rhythm by water isn't surreal to me
The sounds, stars and serenity...
Are all a part of my serenity
And in this moment
I vow to appreciate, my environment.
For this life is one from the creator, leant.

In this moment, I have found peace
In this moment, my mind is at ease
For the distant stars are too close to waste.
And the freshness of the air is a wonderful taste
The sounds, stars and serenity...
Are all a part of my reality
And in this moment
As much as I'd like to share
I also appreciate, I'm the only one standing here.



* Didn't have a good camera to capture the stars and I'm not sure of the technique to capture the beauty of a starry night anyways... especially when using an iPhone... so use your imagination or be on the lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?