Thursday 5 March 2015

Questions about love?

Hello... is this thing on? Uhm CAN EVERYONE HEAR ME?! OH, I'm shouting!!??

Sorry... but well... I'M BACK!!!!

No applause? Oh... okay.

Yeah... Now all that awkward energy is out... Happy New month!! Yes it's 5 day's in... but IDC. So I took a little break from writing. As you know, I LOVE feedback, and the past few months have been amazing in terms of feedback. However, one thing was consistent... I only write about love. Now, while that's a lie... There's truth in it, in that a lot of my work centres around it. So I took a break to pump my creative juices elsewhere, but it didn't work. For over a month, nothing. So I'm back with an old piece a love bout. It's never been posted, but it's all I know about love. In the meantime, watch out... I'm back.

I'm excited about this one because theres an audio of it to, to a VERY famous instrumental.
Enjoy. x



Questions about Love.

‘How can you tell me love is beautiful when all around me all I see is how destructive it is?’

If I were to love based on the love around me,
Following the actions of the love that I see, 
I’d be a cold lover, I would be icy

For that’s the reality of what my eyes see.
From cloud nine, they’ve seen couples fall,
They’ve witnessed a lover become a thrall
And watched as romance has uninstalled
Itself from a couples relationship.
Letting all things sink,
Leaving each other on the brink
Of what seems to be worse than love
The joys of this emotion are non-existent
For the passion required is inconsistent
And those within proximity are now so distant
While misery seems to be the only thing persistent
The fear of loneliness seems to exceed personal felicity
And happiness itself looses all simplicity
And love itself becomes a toxicity
To which we apply to each other in complicity.
You see, love was meant to be a feeling of bliss
So my mind and my eyes are at war by this
How does one go from perfect to a lover amiss
And can they ever return?
I’ve seen love damage more than a hurricane
Leaving people clueless, not knowing where to start again.
Confused as to whose the victim, and to whom belongs the blame
Destroying all foundations, leaving their hearts to be the bane
Of love.
My pupils are learners of vision.
Sight is the school in which they attend
Experience the teacher and sagacity their friend
So they watch and learn and take notes to the brain
And try to work out the way things should end.
But the reality of it all is that it’s never the same
To some it’s a quest, to others a game
So the endings are different, to each and every name
But one thing that’s constant is they all experience pain
However some adapt smile, renewing it each day.
While other’s give up and simply walk away.
Just know, no two lovers love the same way.
Thus I’ve grown to use my heart less
Therefore seeming heartless
When in fact I’m guarding my heart ‘less
someone makes it feel safe.
For I have aimed to be lover, sorrowed to a fool
For in love I find it may be sorrowful
And to what essence is this if love is of sorrow full?
So I shy away into my personal cocoon.
And there I lay observing the outside life and what they all call love
Thus my eyes have become the window to my mind
And their sights have overpowered decisions that are mine
Love no longer comes from deep within my heart,
But rather from what my eyes have seen, and learned as an art.

Is love a wine?
Should age define, how it would grow to be so fine?
Does one learn to love over time?
Or does one just practice, live and dine
Grow in love, and learn by mind not eye.
For who really holds the manual to love?
If we did it in our own way, without plagiarising movies,
Simply love and live, instead of allocating duties.
Would this work out, as there would be nothing to work out?
My eyes have seen how NOT to love, I’m just not sure if ever I can.
For I’m yet to learn how to love, or be loved by man.

A throwback piece deserves a throwback photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?