Monday 4 May 2015

Chronicles of an IJGB: an eventful weekend

Friday was a quiet day. It was public holiday, we had fuel, but no one else did. There was no where to go! 😫😫
That and we were so tired!! 

By we I mean my beautiful friend Teni. She's actually my oldest friend. 15 years and counting. 

Enough of that dull night! Fast forward to Saturday! 

First Saturday rocks.

As Lagos has it, every Saturday presents a wedding so #WEMOVE!!! 


First of all, as an uninvited guest, I have to wish the couple a happy married life. 

Now let's get to the koko of the story. My oldest friend, Teni is basically family, so I decided to spend the weekend with her. Plus in this time of scarcity, I couldn't be stranded at home. 

Back to Saturday, we were eating breakfast and she showed me the wedding invitation, you know as you do. It so happened to be my exes family. 


It so happens that this particular ex is also my best friend. Exes can't be friends I hear you say? Go argue under you grandfathers armpit, don't indulge in a debate, we are and that's final. So as awkward as it may seem, it's really not that bad. 😊

Now My ex and Teni are related... In summary, cousins. So yeah I knew it was 100% his family. 
She already told me it was a gold affair, but I barely have any trad yet, so I carried the one dress I do have, my only heels in the country atm and got dressed. 

(Mind my awkward neck pose That's Teni btw)


On arriving at the wedding it was all well and good, till I saw my exes Dad. Now this wasn't bad, I just, I didn't know. Lol. He remembers me as well so I couldn't pretend and ignore him. We first sat down with Teni's grandma, but were later moved to a table. This table so happened to be labelled with my exes family name.... Sigh. 

I sat down and again his dad came over to have a discussion. It was all small talk and that, but then he asked 'when last did you speak to my son?' 
The truthful response: Tuesday. 
My actual response: about two weeks ago. 

Awkward situations will not be my only tales of Lagos!!!


Anyway from there we went to Teni's Uncle's wife's Dad's birthday party. It wasn't anything massive, but there was food, so as you do, I ate!! 😊😊

By the time we left, the night was still young! So we decided to turn up with Teni's Uncle. Now guys, if you want to turn up, do it with your mates. We went to some bar called 'shades'. It was actually really nice. I don't know why I didn't take pictures. (I promise to do more of that.) however, it was an Uncles spot. It was full of uncles... Of all races too, and well their diva pikins. We didn't want to cramp Uncles style so, we chilled till 11:30 or so, but I observed. The plus side of the venue: they had a live band!! The ladies sang soooo beautifully! I loved it!! If I had to go back, it would be firsthand level of entertainment!! 7.5/10. (For me personally) 

We eventually got home around midnight or so. And well that was our Saturday.


So hello Sunday!! 
CHURCH TIME!! 
I love church in Nigeria. The praise and worship sessions go iiiiinnnnn!! And as a music lover, what else could I ask for? Today I attended The Waterbrook. It was AMAZING!! God so had it that the special guest and preacher was Rachel Kerr!!! I've seen her perform 3 times before today and I am still awed, but what was special about today was how she made me listen to her lyrics. I mean Rachel hits notes, Rachel bangs riffs, Rachel holds notes, Rachel has a wide range... I could go on about her talent, beauty and wonderful self...(and probably convince you that I have a crush on her), but her lyrics are what stood out for me. If you've never heard about her... GOOGLE and YOUTUBE!!  Then go buy her album! 😊😊

After church, I met up with my roomie from A'Levels: Tomi. 
3T's reunited!!!! 


There was a long debate on where to eat and after much external consultation, we decided on 'Bangkok' a Thai restaurant in V.I. 
Now, I was there for the sole purpose of eating, so I didn't bother with pictures but I'm sure of eat.drink.lagos have been there, you'll find something on their blog, if not, I'll ask Tomi. 

The food was actually really satisfying and extremely filling. We barely finished it. 
From there we headed to a pop-up ice cream place in Radisson Blu. Now I'm lactose intolerant, so when they had a sorbet variety of over 4 fruits, I was gassed. 

Tried the Lemon sorbet and the Agbalumo sorbet! The latter was DIVINE!! Honestly, I think you guys should try it if you ever come across it, you'll only thank me later. 😊 


All in all it was a great weekend, my favourite people, food, party, food I mean... Lagos lifestyle, I'm getting you! 

Long post, but if you made it here, you're the real MVP!! 

Have a blessed week guys. 

Lagos 0 - Toni 10

Your favourite IJGB. xx












1 comment:

  1. I see why you didn't come home on Sunday.

    wa je egba tin ba dele.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts or Questions?