Tuesday 27 October 2015

Chronicles of an IJGB: Not every weekend tun up.

I did not enter a club in Lagos this weekend... somebody say HALLELUJAH!!!



I honestly got bored of telling you guys about my weekend happenings in Vapours, that and my partner in crimes - Yasmin is in the overseas.

So this weekend my girls and I decided to hit up 355 which re-opened on Friday for casual drinks.
So 355 is the spot for pre-drinks. At least that's what I gathered and while I'd only ever been there two or three times before Friday, I understood. It was a convenient location and comfortable. They have nice drinks and it's a chilled out vibe.



Anyways, they recently closed for three weeks and now the interior is soo much nicer. It still provides an intimate environment for you and your squad so don't fret. What was funny is we strolled to 355 from my friends house, yes she lives that close.. 30 second walk, only for them to tell us we couldn't enter with our sandals. We collected our L and made a U-turn but the manager stopped us and let us in. My friend actually stepped out to make a phone call and they didn't let her back in on top sandals. 355 have renovated and gotten pompous guys. This isn't to spoil their market, this is just to tell you to heel-up for pre drinks. LOL!

Anyways, Saturday was pretty chilled.. sleep and chill really, then Hans and Rene . That was the plan. Let's flashback a little to August, when I ended up at a pool party wearing black traditional wear? So remember my friend that took me out then, well he promised to take me for Froyo in June, after much dilly dally - yes guys since June... we agreed on Hans and Rene for Saturday evening as it's the best thing in Lagos for us lactose intolerant guys in Lagos. (Honestly, Eat.Drink.Lagos will teach you to fall in love with this place)  So, from the above experience, I should've learnt by now to question movements when going out with this fellow, but I didn't. That's how I ended up at a rooftop party in V.I.


But don't worry guys, I still went to Hans and Rene, and I got the Guabanana sorbet and Rice milk scoops and a slice of Red Velvet Cheesecake. Sooo divine. You should really try the cake!!
Sometimes I can be a spice! 

Anyways, this rooftop vibe, it was soo chilled. I knew nobody there and I was extremely tired but it was still very nice. Mainly old school music.. like 80's and 90's, it was almost retro. I wish I was more interactive, but it's not everyday Talking Toni.

Sunday was another service at TWB... I really like that church. It's sooo different from the average Nigerian church and I've had many experiences. In fact, there's a post coming up on that soon. After church I was blessed with a beautiful plate of Ofada. Then we went for the Ajebo comedy show.


All in all, it was a fun and different weekend for me - still turnt, but not crazy!!

It seems Lagos isn't so bad

-Your favourite IJGB. 
 xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?