Monday 2 November 2015

Smiling November: Good Friends

Happy Halloween!! So this month is dedicated to making people smile. I try to smile a lot but I also have a resting bitch face. But even in that, I love to make smile... telling jokes, funny stories, memories, acting silly, doing whatever. Now, I'm going to use my talent to make people smile. I'm going to try my very best to do this through personals and dedications. I will try and be sweet, funny, entertaining and empowering. I can't tell you the frequency of the posts, but a minimum of two in a week. 

If you have anything you want to tell someone and you want it in a poem, this month I'll do that for you. You want to cuff your winter bae, I gatchu! You want to remind someone they have you, I gatchu! You want to appreciate someone or somethign... I gatchu!! Basically anything that you believe will put a smile one someone elses face, I gatchu! Because I'll be making to people smile. :) 

If you can relate to any of the posts, go on and send them whoever it relates you with. I'm here to make you smile!! 

First up is a poem dedicated to good friends. There's a lot of cliches posts about friendship and as you grow older you find friendship much more difficult... distance, time and other things occupying our time. But friendships that break through these are cherished. my move back to Nigeria was hard because in as much as I had a friends here, my mains are in London too. So I struggled a little, with bad internet, schedule stress and general laziness. But we're still doing good. :) 

So here's to you guys, I hope I make you smile. Tag a good friend. 
We’ve weathered storms,
Whether the storm’s yours or mine.
Where there’s been a storm between us
We’ve made it through
And the worst has become laughable

The hurricanes have shaken us,
They’ve torn us apart
But we’ve sheltered on,
Powered by our hearts

In judgement and truth
We’ve maintained honesty
And in personal favours
We’ve upheld loyalty.

Errors and mistakes
are nothing beyond us,
And it’s understanding this
That has grown us in trust.

So when the rains fall
And the winds blow
No matter the weather
One thing we know


Our friendship will stand.

1 comment:

  1. Nice words!
    Sending to a couple of my peoples ��

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts or Questions?