Wednesday 22 July 2015

Chronicles of an IJGB: That LONG weekend.

Imagine finishing work on Wednesday evening, knowing that the next time you have to work is... TUESDAY!!!

Elated doesn't even begin to decribe how I felt man, but I was joyful joyful. Now that I lookback at the weekend, I shake my head. One thing I said I'd leave behind in London was over consumption of alcohol. 'You can have a litle, but not too much.' - *Chimamanda voice*

Problem is I don't know where the line between the two is. Kind of like driving in Nigeria. One minute your on your lane... next there's no lane and BAM... everyone is a mad man. I didn't even realise I was on that lane till the next morning.



But yes, so Thursday was CDS day, but the way Lagos rain is set up... it also means bed day if you don't drive. So bed day it was for me. Luckily the rain dried up and I was set to go for this open mic night. Hosted by the Talented Bassey Ikpi. But as Nigerian events go... and their faux alté mindset: it just meant flop. But i didn't see that happening. So I went and well... it didn't happen. I was more upset that I had dragged my friends out to listen and there wasn't anything happening. So it's seeming like Bogobiri soon.

So the night turned out to be a little wild and well that's when it all started. It was a hangover Friday but that didn't stop me. To Afropolitan I moved. Where yes, more alcohol was consumed. I liked Afropolitan, I really did. It was VERY packed, but I liked it still. I also have a crush on M.I so his performance was very enjoyable. It was after Afropolitan however, that I realised I hadn't eaten that day.

Nigerian customer service is already craps. So if you add a crowded venue where everyone is ordering, you get what you deserve... which is cold chicken wings without a fork. From there it was to another club. In which I felt more like I was chaperoning a sweet sixteen than out clubbing with friends. I saw high school graduates more than friends. So I've settled with that, Lagos clubs are not my scene.

Saturday came with hunger and rest, dinner and my Aunt's place. But that didn't mean the drinking ended... Lol I'm joking, I just had one cocktail at dinner. In fact I think I was asleep real quick.

So Sunday came. I like Sundays that come with Jollof rice and small chops. So you can imagine my ecstacy when my Aunty informed me we were attending a birthday/thanksgiving party. Food motivates me more than soooo many things, so I didn't bother to contest. I was tempted to go for GATP.. in fact all geared up, but my body wasn't having it. For one it was all white and I was wearing a green dress, secondly I.WAS.TIRED! But I still had my daily intake of alcohol.

So when Monday came, I was rejuvenated but locked in doors. Don't ask how that works guys. It just was. But luckily I had a couple visitors. With very little to entertain them with, we watched 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'. Which is up there with my 10 worst movies. By the time my aunty was back from work, we were starving... so we went to this little cute place in Lekki... I don't exactly remember what it was called, but that AMALA... talk about KO!

So when a friend suggested turn up, asides the fact that I had work the next day and returning to Ogudu was a must, I was nearing a food coma. The wise decision was to just chill. And I did JUST that. With again, one cocktail. I got home and hit the sack deeper than ever.


It was a LONG weekend indeed and I don't need another... (not for anything but rest) anytime soon.

Also, shout out to my cousin Blessing... whose birthday was Yesterday. That just invited another opportunity to consume alcohol.

So you see, with all these antics, I'm fast approaching alcoholism... I'm thinking to take a break till my birthday. Which is in about 7 weeks? Do you think I can do it?  I decide tonight at midnight.

Anyways, that was my crazy weekend.

How did yours go?
Any tips for the next one? (It's Nigeria, there's always a public holiday soon come).


Your favourite IJGB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?