Tuesday 11 August 2015

Chronicles of an IJGB: In sickness and in health.

A couple years ago, I came back to Lagos for a brief period and it felt like jumping back into a relationship with an ex. Few changes, but old habits remain. I even did a series on it:  My summer fling with an ex.

So coming back to Lagos this time has been more to show my ex, you can't weigh me down! But exes have a hold on you. Something like Ajebutter's song, Okafor's law. I think that's Lagos and I.

Can I just add that I enjoy(ed) this album.

Anyway, enough about my pathetic (non-existent) love life. Let's get down to business.



I spent a large chunk of last week, reflecting on the weekend before. The ratchet dress... the intoxication, the hangovers and headaches... I would've shaken my head up to 10 times every 30 minutes if I didn't stil have a headache. No it wasn't a hangover still, it was a legit headache. So it was really a head down affair at work.
I left pretty early on Monday because I had to go and diagnose my laptop, and also, there was nothing doing. Sad news Ladies and gentlemen.. the hard drive crashed. Can we have a moment of silence?

Thanks.

From Computer village, I made a trip to V.I for my girl Layefa's birthday. I do this and we went to this nice rooftop restaurant called Maison Fahrenheit. I left a comment there for my review so go on and check that out.
Also check out the scenery, We missed sunset but deffs gotta go back and check it out. 
             

Anyways, by Tuesday I was hella tired and Mother Nature had started sending her luggage in advance of her one week visit. So I was moody and tired and in two minds about this whole sober lifestyle.  Wednesday had me leave work pretty late. The plan was to leave work early, but that didn't work out. I got home pretty late, VERY tired and with a headache and no appetite. I was convinced I was fine so I just went to bed. BIG MISTAKE.

Now, back in high school, I was always sick. Some people legit thought I faked it (which was true 50% of the time), but I hated it. Still do. Also, since my Grandma passed, I've been very scared of falling ill in Nigeria. So when I woke up really lightheaded on Thursday, I went on self medicate mode. Back to sleep. Fortunately for me, I live a 10 minute walk from my Local Govt, so I went down to do my clearance and headed home. And slept for like 6 hours. By the time I woke up, I was starving and weak - and craving fried rice. So I dragged myself to the market to get the ingredients and then to the pharmacy to get some medicine. Anti-malaria, multivitamins, painkillers... the whole lot! I MUST NOT BE SICK!!!

By Friday, I woke up a lot better, but in no mood for work. Besides, I was allowed to not go in till Tuesday. It was the start of the weekend for me. The thing about Lagos weekends, is that they lack structure, there's no defined plan... and even when there is, Lagos has more to offer...

This is an actual convo btw...
Friday night was indeed fun though. FOR EVERYONE. (Everyone I know that went out), I was at birthday gathering and ran into old faces... then we hit 57. Even though I was alcohol free, I had fun!
I really didn't need alcohol because I was with a CRAZY friend of mine: Tito aka Thotiyonce, but we call her Tito for short. Guys, this girl is actually a whole bunch of madness, but she loves me.. so I have to love her back. She's a great weekend buddy but a bad gangs too. She'll probs show up more in these chronicles so support her rise... she's an upcoming something... we're just not sure what exactly it is yet. But at least she's fleeking!!
Thotiyonce on fleek!! 

On Saturday we planned to play basketball, but LAGOS GIRLS!!!!! Y'all are too lazy abeg. Can't you hold your liquor. Must you be hungover? Come and sweat it out!!!!
Sidenote: If you are intersted in playing ball in Lagos (Ladies only), drop a comment or DM me on twitter (@_thatshe), We gatchu! Tito is also an amazing basketbal coach btw. Very inspirational on the court!
We still played sha... can't be waiting for these ladies to enjoy ourselves.


Saturday 8th Aug: PREMIER LEAGUE CAME BACK!! 


Do you know that Lagos did not permit me to watch the first match of my teams' season? First half I was stuck in traffic, couldn't find decent radio commentary and then my phone died. Second half,  no light! Lagos, plis! Apparently it was boring though and we won. So I'll be alright.

It was a calm weekend. A sober one - YES I MUST REITERATE! I'm here for Alcoholess-August! I'm here for sober nights and partying on meds. I'm here for Lagos,  in sickness and in health!

Lagos 15 - Toni 35

- Your favourite IJGB. x


BTW: Shout out to my bro who turned 26 yesterday!!! .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?