Tuesday 25 August 2015

Chronicles of an IJGB: Because Bestfriends!

I have a lot of best friends apparently. I'm not about to defend myself or tell you who is or isn't, but I'm a friendly person, so best friends are inevitable. Over the past two weeks... two of my best friends came in for a week respectively.
You trying to count my bestfriends.
First was Obi. Without going into detail, I forced myself into Obi's life. So spending time with this BFFBFBF  (Bestfriend by fire by force) was a no brainer. It was also his birthday week although he really didn't want to do anything. So we (more of his bestfriends) bombarded his house and demanded Chinese and had great laughs! Obi is the realest G really. I'm thankful for him and our journey as BFF's. Besides, he lives what 5-10 mins away - like the midway point between work and home for me.
Love you Obs!

I really wasn't at work over the week to be honest. Mainly because there wasn't much doing, so it was just Tuesday and Wednesday for me. I managed to meet up with a lot of people an spend time with Obi too.
In tune with my no alcohol, I decided to have a no club weekend. I don't always remember to shout 'Satan get thee behind me' in the face of temptation. So Friday was really just me watching Football, but my cousin decided sports channels weren't important when she was paying for DSTV. REALLY GIRL? So I ran to Obi's to watch. Saturday was another basketball affair and in dedication I played on a wet court! But got treated to pancakes after!! After which I attended a wedding at the invite of my Uncle who is also moving into the house. He's cool though, like very cool, so I'm not too stressed about the presence of authority, especially if the authority isn't too stressed about being authoritative. PLUS PLUS PLUS... He comes with a car, sooooo YAY!!!

Now let me tell you about that Sunday! I decided to 'catch up' with an ex. Can you not roll your eyes please, thanks! It was meant to be a movie and then drinks (chapman for me please), but he was late, so we skipped right to drinks. Knowing me and my weakness, he had bought a bottle of Jack Daniels to welcome me. Do you see that exes are not always to be trusted. Anyways, knowing that I wouldn't have any, he informed me that his in-law and friends were coming. THIS IS NEVER A GOOD IDEA!!!
All in-laws want is to bond with other in-laws. 'How are you finding joining the family?'
Through out the chill session all I heard was, 'I want you to marry xx'... at one point, his in law touched my belly and said 'I want you to have his baby'

WELP!

Anyway, you'd think that by now I'd be back in the system for work. Nopes. it was another week of no work for me. In all fairness, the week started out with a migraine and it is still summer, so all incentives to work hard haven't really kicked in. Besides: Corper not employee.

Besides, my number one BFF Idris (who I haven't seen since 2009) came in, I moved that way. It was such an amazing week.
Those are actually my glasses.
 By Friday not only was my BFF around, but so was one of my fave cousins. And my no alcohol status went out the window.
Say hi to Ricco!!!! 

I realised, it's mad work finding stuff to do in Lagos though. Does anyone have any ideas that aren't food or cinema?... actually, food still matters. Infact last Saturday, I went to my friend Timi's place with Obinna (These two are my mainest G's from camp and I love em' to bits! I deffo need to spend more time with them) to watch second half of Man Utd's game and then we went Mico's chicken and waffle house. It tastes how it looks.

 After this, I went to a wedding with my friend. I came out in a short dress thinking, oh it'll be young people but learnt it wasn't so I went to change to trad. On getting to the venue, we saw them packing up. I was confused. Ladies and Gentlemen, we were at the wrong venue. It then took us another 20 mins to find the right one. From the wedding we went to his friends thing. Guys... never trust when someone says 'thing', ask what the celebration was. Because I was wearing black and grey trad, and ended up at a baby shower - dress code: All white. I didn't feel too bad, because he wore brown trad. I wish the embarrassment ended there. But it didn't.. we moved to another 'thing', which turned out to be a pool party. I have no pictures for this reason. Lol But I met a lovely girl - Oyinkan - who helped re-tie by wrapper and luckily it was a drape neck top, so I didn't feel tooo out of place.

Sunday was beach day -although rather forgetful, however I enjoyed my day with THOTIYONCE!!!!!  Now I'm back to work. Summer is over guys and my birthday is nearer.





Before I leave, take a look at this trash guys! Look what's been banned from the radio! Please join my campaign: #FreeShakitiBobo

Tweet this picture, add this hashtag, tag me - let's save my favourite song.



Lastly, I've picked up writing again and this time I'm coming strong. I hope to give you guys something beautiful on (around) my birthday!

Lagos 20 - Toni 45

-your favourite IJGB.
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?