Wednesday 10 February 2016

Chronicles of an IJGB: SayNoToRice2016.

Embedded image permalink
There's rice at home.
A common memory we I share with over 90% of my friends is asking for food from a certain eatery and being a told that phrase in response. What's funny is my mum recently tried to deny the allegation that she ever used this on us. It was more than just a response, it was a tool, a mechanism, a device. A system of justifiably weighing your opportunity cost and executing what's best. Are you hurting your wallet or your child? Most times, the parent chose to hurt the child.."they'll heal. The wallet mighn't recover." I believe this is what was said in their heads as they moved the vehicle onwards.



It's funny how this scarring phrase has now become a mindset. I hear it's the national mindset for 2016 sef - #TheresRiceAtHome - the group turning down all social calls. In simplistic terms... Austerity take over. But I've found myself, more often than ever telling myself 'There's rice at home.' Unfortunately, that led me to another frustration...

-What's for dinner?

 - Rice!



Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink


- WHY ALWAYS RICE?!?!

Fam, over Christmas I ate too much rice! So when the new year came, I decided 2015 was the end of rice! It started out as no rice, but I've found myself on a no carb diet and I'm loving it. Apart from the cost of healthier options, non-rice foods are generally fun.

Dieting  in Nigeria isn't half bad. Most of our foods are vegetable based.. it's the excess oils and salt and over cooking till the point that the nutrients die, that makes them unhealthy. But if you try it, it goes amazing. I actually have a meal plan if you want to try it. Just drop a comment below. And I can send you daily messages of encouragement (which are helpful if you're single... I'll be your fake bae)

I'm also eating more fruits and veggies... as salads and smoothies. So the healthy life in Naij is going good.

I wish I had started this earlier in the year though. Would've stolen your boyfriend... I'm joking, I would've given him back in time for Valentines. Just small play and that.

This year out is the perfect time to try a diet btw... hop on it!

Your favourite IJGB
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?