Saturday 11 June 2011

Make-Up smiles.

This is a continuation of my last post. You may find it rather contradictory but bear with me I'm making a point.
Smiles are the biggest lies we never tell. We simply smile and all questions probing into our private life our avoided. So why am I telling you this? 
A smile is the physical equivalent to make-up. We use to to hide discolouration, smooth out rough patches simply hide the 'UGLY' truth. Except with a smile, no one except it's owner knows its genuineness, unlike with make up where anyone can see the real thing.

The other day, I heard a girl on the bus say 'I wish I had a normal life'. I sat there thinking.. 'What is a normal life?' Then it hit me..(On the head as well) No such thing exists. We so often mistake the smiles of our neighbours and friends for their happiness and begin to want their life. Although none of us will admit this to them or anyone else for that matter, and even worse ourselves, it is true. We automatically assume that the smile they were means all is perfect. But we are wrong. A smile is a deceptive tool. We don't know what their hiding. I mean your wrong to think a celebrity has a 'normal' or even 'perfect' life.. because both don't exist. Your neighbour may be going through financial issues, yet they smile and say morning every day. Your 'friend' may be failing in all areas. You're colleague may be going through a relationship problem. Divorce, Family Problems, Deaths.. we don't like to discuss these things, so we just get up in the morning and put on a smile.. 
It helps us get through the day and make everything appear 'normal'

Even though smiles create the illusion of happiness, lets try and remember, that it's not a normal thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?