Saturday 10 March 2012

All I'm asking...

YES! This is yet ANOTHER blog post about KONY 2012... I'm not forcing you to read, but you might as well!
We've all heard about it, THANK GOD and we all have our opinions (which we are entitled to). We are free to share them, I mean heck that's what I'm doing. However, I think imposing them on others is plain ol stupid.

Now, if you didn't watch the full video, I will disregard all ounces of validity in your 'argument'. If you did and you're all for #KONY12.... I would very much like to understand why (please leave a comment).

I've done my research (trust me, I went iiiiiiiinnnnnn) and I'm gonna gve you 5 reasons why I DON'T support this 'campaign' (After all, that is what it sounds like... No?) Below are 3 videos and 2 poss. 


5 reasons I  can't make up my mind
Now I am aware that a lot of these 'sources' aren't credible, but they all raise a point. Jerry may be a comedian, but he does make a good point when he talks about 'villans'.  The second one pics on an issue I believe true, his son was used as a 'bait'. The third post comes with A WHOLE LOT  of evidence, which I deem credible, don't care bout you. The fourth post, just brings questions to mind. I know someone who argued that the person was ignorant about the happenings in her country, but I disagree. I think the video was made to exaggerate the situation in Uganda. Anyway, lastly the fifth post, which as soon as I saw it again, reminded me that I had in fact heard about Kony prior to 2012. This video infact made the Ugandan government my prime suspects.

Anyway, this is jus MY opinion... feel free to argue! Note I said why I  don't have an opinion... 

I think I've been desensitised by society. I might actually be wrong.
I mean the point of the video was to 'spread awareness'... which it actually has done.. so kudos to that. I think my problem with the issue is that the response to the video is based on emotions. Nobody actually knows anything. All the video told us was that Kony was the bad guy and we needed to stop him. Our money is gonna be used to help them find Kony in the Jungle, I don't get why they don't just ask BBC how they did it? :S There's loads of questions that video raised, and until we have answers then yes it is a scam. I would love to help, in anyway possible, but I know that uganda ISN'T the country that's being attacked so funding the American army to go there, isn't that wasting my money too? If anything, I think they'e gone about this in the entirely wrong way.

Again, this is just what I'm thinking/asking....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?