Monday 2 April 2012

Paradigm Shift

Been so sleep deprived lately I haven't even paid sufficient attention to my darling blog. :(
This month we've done particularly well in terms of audience and I thank you all for being consistent in viewing and all that.

I must confess, I'm a bit blank on words, simply because my brain is too tired to function, so here's an old poem for those of you who are new to this. Feel free to check out other posts, and remember, feedback is VITAL! Lemme know your thoughts on my work. I only want to get better.



Paradigm shift

We exchange shoes
and I walk the earth in his path.
We exchanged views,
and I saw how he suffered.
We exchanged clothes,
and I felt the cold air of neglect
We exchanged lives 
an experience I'll never forget

I asked for a penny,
He walked on by.
I asked for the remainders,
He crossed to the other side.
I asked for floor space,
He turned a blind eye
I asked is this how it is
when your the homeless guy??


********
She gave me her shoes,
I took a walk round her world!
She gave me her eyes,
I took a lok round her world
She gave me her coat,
I felt the warmth of the world!
She exchanged lives,
I lived my live through her world


When I asked for a penny,
I was given a fiver.
When I asked for remainders,
I was given a meal.
When I asked for floor space
I was offered a room
nd I asked is this how it is
to live a plain life.

As the girl on the bus
I say bye to the man on the floor
an never look back 
as I walk through the door
and I think of the man
no home no food
and i think of the world
So harsh and crude
and I close my eyes saying from this time
I shall view the world from his paradigm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?