Wednesday 26 November 2014

No Angel.

So originally, I wrote this piece out of my frustration, but it turned out to be First person Mike Brown. Now I'm going by what I've read and how I feel, but in general theres a message here. I'd call it a tribute, but I'm not 100% sure if it's that tbh... Anyways... Here's a poem regarding Mike Brown





I'm no angel.

I'm being told to keep quiet,
I'm being told how to feel
When the truth is, I'm outraged, and words are how I deal
I'm not here to call out by the gravity of our sins,
I'm here to point out the type of individual that wins.
That wins purely by the colour of his skin
when it comes to justice,
The white mans the winner
Because it.just. is.

I'm no angel.

So I don't expect my pictures to have a halo
But when I pose, it's interpreted as
'gangsta' or 'thuggish'.
Thus, deeming me a criminal,
Becomes altogether understandable
And my academic achievements:
Unrecognisable
And all good I've done, ultimately deniable.
Taking away attention, that I am a victim
And putting focus on my wrong.
Have you no respect that you filth my name
Even in death, you put me to shame
For a simple theft, I'm therefore to blame
My end in participation of life.

I am no angel.

Yet I'm not the only misdemeanour.
Like me, there are many and more
I say this not to justify what I have done.
But to point out, that I'm not the only one.
Yet I have been robbed the opportunity of redemption
Because you misjudged and thought I had a weapon
And my actions or words, they seemed to threaten
You.
But I put my hands up, and I surrendered
Yet from your gun, 5 shots were rendered
Like a deer to a hunter my life
you took.

I am no angel.

To you sir, I am a nobody
Another black kid,
A nuisance to society of which you've just rid
But to my family, friends, siblings and others
I exist as more than you know.
I'm a son and a brother,
I deserve a form of respect
Yet, you fail to see that even in my death
I'm unworthy of decency, opportunity too
And now my justice is gone.
All thanks to you

I am no angel.

To you, I was an animal
Thu, in death I was treated as one.
You, the white officer somehow won
I look and think what has come of man kind!
Or was the kind man an imagination in my mind?
Whatever happened to the kind man?
Or did he never exist???
Why was I shot when I didn't resist?
Why does the killing of black men persist?
Why is the system of justice is racist?

I was no Angel.
But I was human.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?