Monday 21 March 2016

World Poetry Day: For..

Today is World Poetry Day.


I've never paid attention to or observed this Day... not to my memory but it's funny because just last week I promised myself I'd attach to a new poet every week. In fact I just put together a poetry for beginners pack because a friend said she wants to get into poetry.

(comment below or tweet at me @ToniVerseif you're interested in this 'pack')

Anyways... here's a piece that's been in the drafts for a minute...


For…

For now,
I just want to kiss you.
I just want to enjoy the moments we share.
I want to put up your picture and tag you as him
I want to laugh at your jokes and know you even better
I guess this is what it means to like
I guess this is the part we fuck

For a while,
I want to text you all day long.
I want our convos to go on for ages and days.
I want skype dates and real ones
I want to get comfortable too
I want to hug you when things are wrong and right
I want to spend with you the odd couple nights.
I guess this is what it is to be in love
I guess this is the part we have sex.

Forever,
I want you to be mine
I want to daily hear the sound of your voice
I want our families to be one and our own to become
me you and a couple of kids.
I want to accustom to all your imperfections
And reach compromise when we don’t agree
I guess this is what it means to actually love
I guess this is where we make love.

Happy World Poetry Day. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or Questions?